Monday, November 23, 2020
Chef Crawford’s Sweet and Savory Mash
(Serves 2; NOT gluten free)
1 Medium Yam(peeled and medium diced
2T softened Salted Butter
1T Maple Syrup
1T Cinnamon Sugar
1/2T Biscoff Cookie Butter
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t salt
1/4 Fuji Apple (small diced)
1t Salted Butter
Mike’s Hot Honey(drizzle/swirl to your preference)
1. Boil the potatoes in a pot starting with cold water over medium high heat until the potatoes, when poked with a fork, fall off of the fork.
2. Drain the potatoes in a colander and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add all the ingredients to the potatoes and mash away with your tool of choice.( I use a slotted spoon)
4. Sauté the diced apples over medium heat to bring out the natural caramelization.
5. Portion the potatoes on a plate and garnish with the apples on top of the mash and drizzle the Honey on top.
6. Enjoy the depths of flavors and textures from the smooth and sweet/savory mash to the crisp bite of the caramelized apples to the spiced sweet hot of the honey the bridges all these elements together.
7. Be safe and stay healthy!