Thursday, January 06, 2022
The Club is Hiring: Event Sales Manager
The City Club of Cleveland is one of Cleveland’s and the nation’s civic treasures. With more than a century of service convening vital conversations in service to a stronger community and a stronger democracy, the City Club produces more than 100 public events every year with political and business leaders, visiting authors and dignitaries, and local advocates and experts. In addition to that—and this is where you come in—the onsite catering team plans and executes many private events every year for a wide-ranging clientele, including trade groups, corporate clients, philanthropic organizations, and wedding parties.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for a significant portion of the private catering business, from business development and working directly with clients to plan events, to a seamless handoff to the kitchen and banquet team, ensuring that all client needs and expectations are met and exceeded. The Event Sales Manager works closely with the City Club leadership team, managing the facility calendar to maximize revenue generation while balancing the needs of a mission focused non-profit that strives to be as agile and opportunistic as possible to convene meaningful dialogues in the community’s interest.
The Event Sales Manager is currently a part time position with opportunity for growth. We are open to a variety of arrangements—consulting, on staff, or independent contractor.
Essential Elements of the Role
- Develops, sells and plans private events at The City Club of Cleveland
- Responsible for generating private event sales proactively and responsively
- Establishes sales objectives, including sales and marketing plan and event and revenue targets
- Achieves sales objectives by accurately forecasting event requirements, preparing event budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and making recommendations for improvement
- Continually grows relationships with current and new clients
- Self-managing, innovative, detail-oriented and driven to meet new sales targets
- Excellent customer service, communication, presentation, organization, time management, multitasking and listening skills
- Works with community partners to actively seek out both in-town and out-of-town business
- Collaborates with the small but mighty City Club team to support every aspect of the Club’s work
- Responsible for effective contract management communicates all client requests in an effective and sensitive manner
- Leads strategic operational planning and review opportunities for productivity improvements, issue resolution, and increased client/ guest satisfaction
- Responsible for collaborative communication and detailed handoff to Banquet Manager to ensure event success
- Meaningful experience in hospitality sales and event operations
- Substantive knowledge of the market
- Proven track record meeting revenue targets and working well with clients and colleagues
- Ability to accommodate a varied work schedule, including early mornings and evenings, according to client event requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and event management software
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The City Club of Cleveland provides paid vacation and a 401(k) plan.
The City Club of Cleveland is committed to diversity, inclusion, and growth for all our employees. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.