Monday, August 15, 2022
The City Club is Hiring: Freelance Writer
POSITION TITLE: Freelance Writer
POSITION TYPE: Contract
The City Club of Cleveland is one of Cleveland’s and the nation’s civic treasures. With more than a century of service convening vital conversations in service to a stronger community and a stronger democracy, the City Club produces more than 100 public events every year with political and business leaders, visiting authors and dignitaries, and local advocates and experts.
The City Club seeks a freelance writer to help with the following items:
- Drafting program descriptions for online event pages including researching speaker and topic details
- Writing all forum introductions using the City Club’s style guidelines. Drafts need to include approved sponsor information, pronunciations for all names, and key City Club program directives
- Creating content for the City Club blog and other City Club materials
- Driven to meet highest writing standards
- Experience with multiple forms of writing including speechwriting and web-based content
- Strong research skills including sorting out reliable factual details about speakers and current affairs
- Ability to accommodate a varied work schedule and to turn around assignments quickly and reliably
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, and listening skills
- Interest in the City Club’s mission and its programming is encouraged
This contracted writer will be paid $750/month for work that is estimated to total approximately 15-20 hours/month. This can be a remote position. Candidates must be living in the U.S. and preferably in Northeast Ohio.
Applicants should send writing sample, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City Club of Cleveland is committed to diversity, inclusion, and growth for all our employees. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.