THIS POSITION IS HAS BEEN FILLED.
The City Club of Cleveland seeks a passionate, dedicated person to join our civically engaged, mission driven team. The ideal candidate enjoys engaging people on an individual basis, is an exceptional multi-tasker, and thrives in an open workspace. They understand the importance of highly attentive customer service in helping individuals feel connected to the work of the organization. Our small, but mighty membership program is poised for growth. With the proper guidance and vision of a strong manager who is equal parts creative, diligent, and responsive, we can strengthen membership engagement and growth to support the City Club mission. The Membership and Customer Experience Manager will cultivate direct relationships with members at all giving levels and will provide good humored and engaging service to all customers (audience members, guests, and clients of catering services). This position is the first responder for the City Club and reports to the Director of Advancement.
- Managing reservations and registration for all City Club of Cleveland events, including processing and tracking ticket and table sales, sharing information with the City Club team on a daily basis, and providing day-of event registration
- Greeting guests and members upon their arrival at the City Club and helping to answer their questions, meet their needs, and exceed their expectations
- Answering phone and email contacts to the main office and ensuring that incoming inquiries get to the right team members for follow up
- Generating registration materials for all forums, including table sponsor signs, head table place cards, and final registration lists for check-in
- Designing and implementing targeted membership campaigns, in collaboration with marketing and content resources
- Managing quarterly membership renewals including generating letters, follow up emails, and phone calls to secure renewals
- Writing and sending all membership, donor, and corporate partnership acknowledgment letters
- Designing and implementing cultivation programs for members including events, incentives, and forum recognition
- Updating and managing membership and reservation databases
- Tracking and reporting membership participation and revenue numbers
- Providing support to members who contact the City Club to make reservations, renew their membership, etc.
- Assisting with annual appeals including spring and year-end giving campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience required
- Minimum of two years working in an office setting
- Excellent phone, email, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and efficiently
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including mail merge
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Able to be exceptionally productive whether working independently or collaboratively
- Able to make customers feel cared for and tended to, no matter what else may be going on
Compensation for this junior level position is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The City Club of Cleveland provides health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and downtown parking or a monthly transit pass.
The City Club of Cleveland serves Greater Cleveland, the State of Ohio, and the nation with programs that convene leaders, engage citizens and provide all of our communities with opportunities to learn and participate in spirited dialogue on the issues that shape our future.
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and growth for all our employees. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send resume and cover letter including salary requirement to Director of Advancement Noelle Celeste (firstname.lastname@example.org).