The City Club of Cleveland

login Create an Account

private events
go

Not a Member?

Our members are champions of free speech. Join today!

join

Account Login

login

Forgot Password? Create an Account

Forgot Password

submit Cancel

Update Password

submit

President Obama to Deliver Remarks to The City Club of Cleveland

Politics & Public Policy

President Obama to Deliver Remarks to The City Club of Cleveland

Wednesday, March 18, 2015
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.

Global Center for Health Innovation Atrium Ballrm.
1 St. Clair Avenue E Cleveland, Ohio 44114

Add to Favorites

Share This

"It falls upon us now to choose either to retreat to advance; I'm a fan of advancing." – President Barack Obama

"Now, over the course of my presidency, one that began in the depths of a historic crisis, no issue has been more important than the future of our economy. That's certainly been of great interest in Ohio and in Cleveland. No topic has weighed more heavily on the minds of ordinary families, and no subject is more worthy of a great, big, open debate.

We know from the facts that are there for all to see that America does better, our economy does better, everybody does better when the middle class does better and we’ve got more ladders for people to get into the middle class if they're willing to work hard. We do better when everyone grows together – top, middle, bottom. We do better when everyone has a chance not only to benefit from America’s success, but also to contribute to America’s success. And we know from more recent history that when we stray from that ideal it doesn't turn out well. We’ve now got evidence there is a better way, there is a better approach. And I’m calling it middle-class economics."

Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States, delivers an address on the importance of middle class economics.

Want to know who is speaking next at the City Club? Sign up here.

Slice 1 Created with Sketch.

Our New Address

1317 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

The City Club of Cleveland building
x

Photo Gallery

1 of 22