The City Club of Cleveland is excited to have our Friday Forum as part of the TEDXCLESalon event celebrating 100 years of the theory of relativity! Albert Einstein is widely-regarded as one of the greatest physicists of the modern era. His crowning intellectual achievement, General Relativity, still guides us and challenges us 100 years later. We’re excited to celebrate, debate, extrapolate (and maybe even “poke the box” a bit) around Einstein’s work…and what it means for our shared future.
City Club CEO Dan Moulthrop will lead a conversation on the legacy of Albert Einstein with Evalyn Gates, Executive Director and CEO of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, and Cyrus C. Taylor, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and Albert A. Michelson Professor in Physics at Case Western Reserve University.
Other TEDXCLESalon speakers include:
• Claudia de Rham, Baldwin Assistant Professor of Physics, Case Western Reserve University
• Glenn Starkman, Professor of Physics and Astronomy and Director of the Institute for the Science of Origins, Case Western Reserve University
• John Ruhl, Connecticut Professor of Physics, Case Western Reserve University
• Nergis Mavalvala, Kathleen Marble Professor of Astrophysics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Paul Steinhardt, Eistein Professor of Physics, Princeton University
• Ruth Gregory, Professor of Physics, University of Durham
• Stacy McGaugh, Professor of Astronomy, Case Western Reserve University.
To purchase tickets, visit www.TEDxCLE.com/tickets or call 216-368-2090. This event will be held at The Tinkham Veale University Center at Case Western Reserve University.