The City Club of Cleveland

login Create an Account

private events
go

Not a Member?

Our members are champions of free speech. Join today!

join

Account Login

login

Forgot Password? Create an Account

Forgot Password

submit Cancel

Update Password

submit

The Race for Cuyahoga County Executive: Remarks from Tariq Shabazz

Politics & Public Policy

The Race for Cuyahoga County Executive: Remarks from Tariq Shabazz

In-Person Forum

Thursday, March 24, 2022
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Add to Favorites

Share This

"People want change and I am going to make sure we bring you change. I don't know every answer but I assure you one thing I'm going to bring is the right people to the fold when it's time." – Tariq Shabazz

Leading up to the primary election on May 3rd, 2022, The City Club of Cleveland will be speaking with candidates running for Cuyahoga County Executive.

Last year, incumbent County Executive Armond Budish announced he would not run for reelection, launching a race for a seat that would oversee the second most-populous county in Ohio--and one that is home to some of the nation's leading public, private, and arts & culture institutions.

Tariq K. Shabazz was born and raised in Cleveland and is a veteran of U.S. Navy, where he attained the title of Second-Class Petty Officer. He has run twice for Congress, in 2021 in the Democratic Primary for Ohio's District 11; and in 2020 against then-U.S. Representative Marcia Fudge in the Democratic primary. Mr. Shabazz earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science with a concentration in International Relations from American Military University.

Join us in-person at the City Club as Democratic candidate Tariq Shabazz explains his platform and why he deserves your vote.

The livestream will be available beginning at 12:30p.m. Have questions? Tweet them at @TheCityClub or send a text to 330.541.5794.

Effective October 1, 2021, the City Club will be requiring ticketholders to provide proof of Covid vaccination or a recent negative Covid test. Email info@cityclub.org with any questions.

Want to know who is speaking next at the City Club? Sign up here.

Slice 1 Created with Sketch.

Our New Address

1317 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

The City Club of Cleveland building
x

Photo Gallery

1 of 22