The City Club of Cleveland

login Create an Account

private events
go

Not a Member?

Our members are champions of free speech. Join today!

join

Account Login

login

Forgot Password? Create an Account

Forgot Password

submit Cancel

Update Password

submit

The 2022 State of the City with Mayor Justin M. Bibb

Politics & Public Policy

The 2022 State of the City with Mayor Justin M. Bibb

Wednesday, April 13, 2022
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Ticketed guests are asked to arrive by 6:45 p.m. to guarantee seating.

Maltz Performing Arts Center
1855 Ansel Road Cleveland, Ohio 44106

Add to Favorites

Share This

"We are back in the national conversation as a city on the rise" – Mayor Justin Bibb

The City Club of Cleveland is pleased to host the annual State of the City Address. This free public event will be held in Silver Hall, at the Maltz Performing Arts Center on the campus of Case Western Reserve University.

Mayor Justin M. Bibb will speak to the accomplishments of his first 100 days in office, the progress of the economic recovery underway, and his vision for the city.

In addition to his remarks, the Mayor will also answer questions from Cleveland residents. All who are interested are invited to submit questions ahead of time through the City Club by clicking here.

Free public transportation and free parking will be available. Doors will open at 6:00pm. All ticketholders must be seated by 6:45pm or your seats may be released.

A free virtual livestream of the event will begin at 7:00pm at cityclub.org. No registration is required for livestream viewers.

View the digital program for 2022 State of the City here.

For more information about the COVID-19 protocols for the Maltz Performing Arts Center, please visit: www.case.edu/maltzcenter/COVIDprotocols

Production and distribution of City Club forums in partnership with Ideastream Public Media is generously provided by PNC and the United Black Fund.

-----------

FAQs FOR THE 2022 STATE OF THE CITY
(updated March 10, 2022 at 11:20am)

What time do doors open?
Doors open at 6pm.
The program begins at 7pm.
All ticketholders must be seated by 6:45pm or your seats will be released.

Where do I get tickets?
Tickets cannot be purchased or reserved through The City Club of Cleveland. Please reserve tickets through the Maltz Performing Arts Center. The easiest way is online, through this link. You can also call the Maltz Performing Arts Center Box Office at 216-368-6062. They are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm. Tickets are free, but required for entry.

How many tickets can I reserve?
The limit is two (2) tickets per email address.

How do I submit a question for the Mayor?
You can submit a question for the mayor through this link.

How will I know my question is selected?
If your question is selected, City Club staff will be in touch via email.

Are there services available for hearing-impaired and special seating for physically disabled?
There will be an ASL interpreter and designated seating near the interpreter. There is also wheelchair accessibility and seating for those using wheelchairs.

How can I sign up for free transportation?
When you order your tickets there is an option to request public transportation passes. When you select that option, the City Club is notified and will be in touch. The City Club will provide you with a coupon code if you wish to acquire a digital fare pass. If you wish to acquire a physical fare pass, we can mail it to you.All physical pass requests need to be received no later than Wednesday, April 6to make sure there is time to mail them out. Paratransit passes will be included. Please be sure to note if you need a paratransit pass. If you have questions about your pass, please contact Amber Smith at asmith@cityclub.org or (216) 621-0082.

Is there parking at the event?
Free parking is available onsite at the Maltz Performing Arts Center and free public transportation is available too.

How do I get there? Directions?
Public Transportation: The Maltz Performing Arts Center is located at 1855 Ansel Road, Cleveland, OH 44106, close to the intersection of Chester Avenue and East 105th Street, in the University Circle neighborhood. Both the 9 and 10 lines serve this location. The Health Line, the 11, 48, and 50 all can drop you within two blocks of the venue. You can see a map here.

Driving: The Maltz Performing Arts Center is located at 1855 Ansel Road, Cleveland, OH 44106, close to the intersection of Chester Avenue and East 105th Street. However, if you’re using Google Maps, search for “Maltz Performing Arts Center” as this will put you at the precise location. (Entering the street address puts you slightly down the road from where you need to be.) You can find more information and parking maps here.

Bike: Bike racks are located on Ansel Road, south of the front doors of the Maltz Performing Arts Center. More bike racks are located off E. 105th Street, then travel north toward the front plaza of the Maltz Performing Arts Center.

How can we be a community partner to this event?
Please contact Tiffany France at the City Club at tfrance@cityclub.org or 216.621.0082 for details about becoming a community partner for this special community event.

Can I purchase a table or be a sponsor?
Tables are not available for this event. All tickets are free and seating is theater-style. There are sponsorships available. For more information contact Noelle Celeste at the City Club at nceleste@cityclub.org or 216.621.0082.

Will there be food?
There will not be food at this event. The audience will be seated theater-style.

Will the livestream be available?
The 2022 State of the City will be available on the City Club website live during the forum and available as video or audio for free after the forum.

Can I embed the livestream on another website?
Yes. If you would like to embed the video on your site, please email Maria Gerstenberger at mgerstenberger@cityclub.org.

What are the COVID protocols?
This event will follow the health and safety protocols of Case Western Reserve University. You can see those protocols here.

Want to know who is speaking next at the City Club? Sign up here.

Slice 1 Created with Sketch.

Our New Address

1317 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

The City Club of Cleveland building
x

Photo Gallery

1 of 22