The City Club of Cleveland

login Create an Account

private events
go

Not a Member?

Our members are champions of free speech. Join today!

join

Account Login

login

Forgot Password? Create an Account

Forgot Password

submit Cancel

Update Password

submit

Feeding Cleveland: Fighting Food Insecurity in Our Communities

Local Matters

Feeding Cleveland: Fighting Food Insecurity in Our Communities

Friday, January 6, 2023
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Doors at 11:15am / Lunch at 11:30am / Forum begins 12:00pm

Add to Favorites

Share This

"When someone is hungry it is a crisis. Nothing else matters." – Kristin Warzocha

The Greater Cleveland Food Bank works to ensure that everyone in their six county service area has the nutritious food they need every day. Last year, they served more than 341,000 people, 87,000 of whom were individuals in need of food assistance for the first time.

There is no doubt that the Food Bank was one of the organizations in our community most directly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. With ever changing shutdowns, economic downturns, and job uncertainty, more Ohioans faced food insecurity. They had to make impossible decisions: Do I buy my medications this month or food? Do I pay rent on time or feed my family? It's these questions, and the root causes of food insecurity, such as housing, healthcare, and employment, that keep Kristin Warzocha and the team at the Food Bank fighting every day.

Kristin Warzocha joined the team at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank in 2000. After serving as the Vice President of External Affairs, she became CEO in 2014. Join us as we hear from Kristin as part of the City Club's Local Heroes series.

----

The livestream will be available beginning at 12:00pm. Have questions? Tweet them at @TheCityClub or send a text to 330.541.5794.

For more information on City Club's health and safety protocols, click here. Email info@cityclub.org with any questions.

Production and distribution of City Club forums in partnership with Ideastream Public Media is generously provided by PNC and the United Black Fund.

Want to know who is speaking next at the City Club? Sign up here.

Slice 1 Created with Sketch.

Our New Address

1317 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

The City Club of Cleveland building
x

Photo Gallery

1 of 22