The City Club of Cleveland

login Create an Account

private events
go

Not a Member?

Our members are champions of free speech. Join today!

join

Account Login

login

Forgot Password? Create an Account

Forgot Password

submit Cancel

Update Password

submit

Building Resilience through Sports with Paralympian Alana Nichols

Arts & Culture

Building Resilience through Sports with Paralympian Alana Nichols

Tuesday, December 13, 2022
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Doors at 11:15am / Lunch at 11:30am / Forum begins 12:00pm

Add to Favorites

Share This

"The competitive spirit in me was never paralyzed. I wanted to play, I wanted to compete, I wanted to be the best." – Alana Nichols

Growing up, sports were not just something that Alana Nichols did. They were her identity. After suffering a traumatic spinal cord injury while snowboarding at the age of 17, she was paralyzed from the waist down. Thinking her athletic career was over, she experienced a wheelchair basketball game her freshman year at the University of New Mexico, where the physical and competitive gameplay reignited her athletic endeavors and her passion for sports and adventure.

Alana went on to compete in several Paralympic games and is the first woman Paralympian to win gold medals at both Summer and Winter games. She has competed in wheelchair basketball, Paralympic alpine monoskiing, and at her final Paralympic games in Rio, paracanoeing.

Join us for an intimate conversation as Alana shares her journey of resilience, identity, and passion for challenging herself and others.

----

The livestream will be available beginning at 12:00pm. Have questions? Tweet them at @TheCityClub or send a text to 330.541.5794.

For more information on City Club's health and safety protocols, click here. Email info@cityclub.org with any questions.

Want to know who is speaking next at the City Club? Sign up here.

Slice 1 Created with Sketch.

Our New Address

1317 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

The City Club of Cleveland building
x

Photo Gallery

1 of 22