Thursday, May 11, 2023
The City Club is Hiring: Communications and Project Manager
The Communications and Project Manager is responsible for the City Club’s overall communication strategy and works across the organization with programming, membership, and development to leverage opportunities for audience and program growth. The Communications and Project Manager is also the point person for offsite programming in collaboration with the Director of Programming.
• Managing City Club media, public relations, and advertising,including media kits, press releases, story placement, media management at events, in-kind partnerships, and paid media placements and trades
•Managing relationships with media and PR partners
• Providing copy editing and strategic communications support for all City Club activities
• Managing the planning and execution of logistics for major off-site events including host site relations, contracts, ticketing, walk throughs, floorplans and run-of-show, partner management, and promotions
• Collaborating with the Director of Advancement to create the annual report
• Leading the creation and implementation of the Annual Meeting
• Collaborating with the Director of Advancement to manage the Guardians of Free Speech Campaign special events
• Facilitating speaking opportunities for City Club leadership to elevate the club’s presence in Northeast Ohio and beyond
• Collaborating with the Membership and Outreach Manager on engagement events such as member roundtables, member meet and greets, book clubs, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent phone, email, and written communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Able to manage external partnerships and internal collaboration
• Able to work independently and efficiently
• Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and situations
• Approaches work with a learning mindset and is open to feedback and direction
• High ethical standards and performance expectations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Mail Chimp, and comfortable learning new technologies
• Media relations, marketing, and project management experience are a plus
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $45,000 - $55,000. The City Club of Cleveland also provides health and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and downtown parking or a monthly transit pass.
The City Club has a flexible office environment and works with all employees to create a schedule that fits your work/life balance. We are currently working hybrid with a requirement of at least two days/week in-person.
The City Club of Cleveland serves Greater Cleveland, the State of Ohio, and the nation with programs that convene leaders, engage citizens, and provide all our communities with opportunities to learn and participate in spirited dialogue on the issues that shape our future.
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and growth for all our employees. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send resume and cover letter to CFO Julie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.