The City Club of Cleveland seeks a passionate, dedicated person to join our civically engaged, mission driven team. The ideal candidate is proficient at content production and distribution and enjoys creating attractive and compelling digital products that are compelling, engaging and shareable. The Content Coordinator works as part of the Programming and Content Management Team, which is responsible for City Club content: planning and execution of forums, marketing collateral, audio and video content, digital content for the web and social medial channels, and the City Club website. This position reports to the Manager of Content and Experience.
• Assist Manager of Content and Experience to ensure high quality A/V execution of all City Club forums
• Work collaboratively with catering department to address A/V needs for private clients, including appropriately staffing events at various times of the day and week
• Assist with the execution of all City Club forums, including greeting guests, assisting with production, and creation of digital marketing content
• Serve as a leader of the social media team, by
o maintaining City Club content calendar, seeking out and tracking timely opportunities to share past and future City Club content
o maintaining of City Club blog, writing timely posts and working with staff and community members to create blog content on upcoming or past forums and on current issues and events with a special emphasis on free speech in the 21st century
o monitoring statistics of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat) for tracking and improvement
o identifying opportunities to use Periscope and Facebook Live when regular live-streaming or recording opportunities are not available
o scheduling forum-related and rebroadcast Facebook posts and tweets
o maintaining City Club style guide
• Daily management of website (adding/editing forums, podcast, videos, etc.)
• Manage and execute audio and video pre- and post-production of all forums
• Compose promotional copy for 90.3 WCPN ideastream® for promotion of broadcasts
• Serve as City Club’s primary point person for occasional programming streams. Work with partners to plan, coordinate, and execute certain forums
• Produce and distribute CD/DVD orders
• Back-up and assist with answering the phone and taking forum reservations as needed
• Other duties as assigned by CEO, Director of Programming, or Manager of Content and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience required
• Minimum of two years working in an office setting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and as part of a high-functioning team
• Ability to learn new skills, solve problems, and work collaboratively
• Social media aptitude
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• General HTML and web-editing skills (some kind of blog/website experience)
• Directing experience/general knowledge of audio and video production
• Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier (or other video editing software), Audacity (or other audio editing software)
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The City Club of Cleveland provides health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and downtown parking or a monthly transit pass.
The City Club of Cleveland serves Greater Cleveland, the State of Ohio, and the nation with programs that convene leaders, engage citizens and provide all of our communities with opportunities to learn and participate in spirited dialogue on the issues that shape our future.
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and growth for all our employees. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Director of Programming Stephanie A. Jansky (firstname.lastname@example.org).